There are things that I used to hold as truth before and it’s funny how, as I grow older, some of these things get refined or totally become false. Here’s my fiction to facts list:
- How I don’t have to always say ‘Yes’ to something I cannot afford.
- How Religion is not the same as Christianity
- That hacking is not as easy as Ocean’s Eleven made it seem.
- How a man doesn’t have to shout or step on his wife to signify his headship.
- What love really is (Hollywood lied).
- That not getting those shoes won’t kill me.
- That Chinese food doesn’t have to be expensive.
- How I love to write.
- That it is possible for one not to be sick.
- That Google Mail is actually better than…
- That Internet Explorer is not the best browser.
- That I can like another browser more than Mozilla Firefox- Chrome.
- How life follows a process and everything is not “fast food”
- How it is possible for even those close to you to go be with the Lord.
- That it is not only Lagos Nigeria that has traffic.
- How it is possible to pass the CCIE exam.
- How walking out on someone does not show you are “cool”
- That the world was not in “black and white” in the olden days even though pictures showed us otherwise *covers face*
- How it is possible to plan in the midst of uncertainty (Lean methodology).
- That it is possible to
download food from the internet…Err, I’m still waiting.
You are welcome to add yours to the comment section.
Food for thought:
There are some things we once believed that looking back on now makes us feel silly for even believing such.
Don’t be too rigid. What you hold as true may not be.