The Book of Revelation is a very “unique” book. For the most part of my childhood, I couldn’t read that Book alone in my room without getting scared and closing it in fear. Things are different now, although the Book remains ever ‘deep’.
I was reading Jesus’ message to the Churches through John in Revelation chapters 2 and 3 and it’s nice to know the various descriptions of what will be given to the one who overcomes. I’d list them here in order of appearance:
- Revelation 2:7 “…To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.”
- Revelation 2:10,11 “…be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life…He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.”
- Revelation 2:17 “…To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.“
- Revelation 2:26-28 “And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. And I will give him the morning star.
- Revelation 3:5 “He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.”
- Revelation 3:12 “Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.“
- Revelation 3:21 “To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.“
On the last day, may we be found worthy to stand in His Presence as ‘overcomers’ in Jesus Name.
Food for thought:
I don’t think these seven things are mutually exclusive and I don’t think they are different ways to explain one thing. I think ALL these things will be happen to each and every overcomer.
Mark 8:36 “For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?”