- He broke my heart and went on to marry another lady.
- I caused her so much grief that I now regret so bad it hunts me.
- They paid me least even though I was the most hardworking person in the company.
- If only I hadn’t lost that business during the recession, I’d be wealthy now.
- If my only source of livelihood didn’t run out on me and leave me to fend for myself, I’d be doing much better now.
- Maybe if I was light-skinned, I’d have gotten married by now.
- If only this government created jobs, I would be living the life.
- How can I compete with people from those countries when I don’t even have stable electricity?
Choose from the list or add yours. Now say “But that was yesterday“.
The truth is that life doesn’t always give you what you deserve (or don’t deserve). Sometimes, you have to take it by the horn. To be successful, you have to rise above you “If only”s and start looking forward.
Phil 3:13-14 “13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”
Just because the disciples didn’t see Jesus on the 1st or 2nd day didn’t stop Him from rising up on the 3rd day! Nothing sown today is nothing reaped tomorrow.
Food for thought:
Think about it: In the end, it’s down to you to succeed.
You may not succeed in changing that story today but you have another opportunity tomorrow to say “But that was yesterday”.