I noticed that someone searched for the FoL message and so I thought I’d share my note. Of course I’m sure the audio/video will be available with all the wonderful testimonies and great jokes but this will be a summary (I find it a bit weird calling it sermon but I couldn’t come up with something better: message? preaching?).Title: THE SOVEREIGN GOD Preacher: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Text: Psalm 115:1-3
Sovereign- Completely unlimited; does whatever He likes, whenever He likes and however He likes; unlimited by possession, strength, age, time, knowledge, circumstances. 1Timothy 1:17; Psalm 24:7-10; 91:11; Ecc 5:8; Jer 32:27; Isaiah 40:28-30
The Sovereign God can change a curse to a blessing. Genesis 49:1-7
- When He wants to heal, the length of the sickness will be irrelevant. John 5:2-9; Mark 2:1-12
- When He decides to deliver, the number of demons is irrelevant. Mark 5:1-15; Acts 12:5-11; Daniel 3,6
- When He decides to make fruitful, age is immaterial. Gen 18:9-14; 2 Kings 4:8-17. When God wants to make you fruitful, your doubt cannot stop Him.
- When God wants to promote, it doesn’t matter who recommends you or not. Psalm 75:7; 1 Samuel 16:11-13; 2:7-8; 17:34-41; 18:10-11
- When He decides to bless you, what the enemy meant for evil, God will make it good. 2 Samuel 6:6-11
- When God wants to prosper, He doesn’t obey the laws of science.
When this Sovereign God is your friend, you are alright. When He is your enemy, hmm…
Then you can find the prayer points here.
Food for thought:
Jeremiah 32:27 “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?”
Judges 16:28 (NIV) “Then Samson prayed to the Lord, “Sovereign Lord, remember me. Please, God, strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes.””