A few nights ago, I was introduced to the ‘God that remembers’. I had always skimmed over Bible passages like that without taking note but that night was different. You will be surprised at how many people God remembered in the Bible:
- Genesis 8:1 “And God remembered Noah…”
- Genesis 19:29 “And it came to pass…that God remembered Abraham…”
- Genesis 30:22 “And God remembered Rachael…”
- Exodus 2:24 “And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham…”
- 1 Samuel 1:19 “…and Elkanah knew Hannah his wife; and the Lord remembered her.
There are other people in the Bible who although the text does not explicitly say “And God remembered…”, their situation signifies remembrance like Joseph, Samson, Zecharias (the father of John the Baptist), Cornelius.
Is there something you’ve been praying about for a long time? The God that remembers will remember you today in Jesus Name.
Food for thought:
A friend of mine thought aloud and said: “Why does God need to remember? Does He forget the person?” Hmm, I’d like to hear your thoughts on that.
Judges 16:28 “And Samson called unto the Lord, and said, O Lord God, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.”