I looked back recently and found that I have taken so many things for granted because they are seemingly “normal”. And maybe this post is a wake up call for some of us…
- You think breathing is normal? Ask the asthmatic patient
- You think flying to your destination is normal? Some planes exploded on take-off; some crashed on landing
- Walking on your two legs is not normal…ask the one who’s bed ridden
- Eyes that can see? Hmm, I heard of one who went blind from the side effect of an injection that was to correct another sickness
- You can afford your gas bills in this winter and that’s normal? No sir. Credit ran out on the gas card in my house yesterday and I only found out at 00:00. Thank God for electric heater.
All I’m saying is that those things that seem unimportant are actually a luxury from our Father in Heaven and He deserves all the thanks.
Food for thought:
Ecclesiastes 5:19 “Every man also to whom God hath given riches and wealth, and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labour; this is the gift of God.”
Ephesians 5:20 “Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;”